Update Date: 2/|
Title: Maintenance Technician
Locaiton: Elk Grove Village, IL
Duration: 3 months (temp to perm)
Hours: 7:30am to 4:00pm
BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST IS REQUIRED
If you're interested and the job description fits your skill sets, please send me your updated resume in MS Word format. Thank you.
List capabilities needed to be successful in the position, including education and certifications.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Mastered CM/PM Maintenance Technician D skills and completed some of the C level courses; or be able to demonstrate a mastery of 80% of C level skill, if entering at this level.
· 3-5 years experience in an industrial maintenance environment.
· Good Verbal/Written communication skills.
· Thorough working knowledge of all tools, procedures and methods utilized in an industrial maintenance environment.
· Good working knowledge of standard PM practices and lubrication technology.
· Good working knowledge of all electrical and mechanical systems in an industrial environment.
· Basic working knowledge of all electronic and PLC based applications in an industrial environment.
· Specific experience with metalworking and fabrication equipment is desired.
· Ability and willingness to learn and apply new technologies and management concepts as adopted by management.
· Must have mechanical aptitude
· Knowledgeable in the use of mechanical and electronic measuring instruments, hand tools and power tools that may be used to install or repair various types and sizes of equipment
· Able to manage several plant wide tasks concurrently
· Familiar with all applicable safety and environmental codes, rules and regulation as applied.
· Basic Computer literacy.
· Demonstrate ability to interface professionally with all departments.
· Technicians must be adaptable to change and able to made decisions and take responsibility.
· Experience in pumps, welding, bearings, electrical safety, forklifts, gears, hydraulics, valves, and
rigging(ladders and scaffolds).
· Basic Math
· Pipes and valves – safety, fittings, steam traps and motor operators
· Safety – General chemical awareness, hazards, and safety basics
· Asset Maintenance Management System
· Tools: power, shop, mechanical fasteners
· Blueprint reading
· Safety Related Issues – LOTO, fire sprinkler, and FMEA
· LLS Skills – Visual, 5S and Lean Sigma 6 principles
· Electrical Maintenance – battery system, wiring, cables, conductors, relays, electrical diagrams, test equipment, fasteners, and troubleshooting techniques.
· Hydraulics – basic, maintenance-component inspection, fluids and reservoirs, diagrams, pumps, actuators, and troubleshooting hydraulics and pneumatics.
· Electrical Motors – DC motors, three phase, and AC motor controllers
· Fundamentals in shaft alignment
· Welding – Oxyfuel gas welding, MIG/TIG welding
· Utilities – RO water, soft water, water treatment and boiler applications
· Pumps – positive displacement pumps, centrifugal pumps, troubleshooting, and overhauling
· PLC fundamentals
· Facilities/Utilities – power distribution and boiler operation
· Sustainability – conservation of resources such as water, compressed air, and steam.
The Norland Group has been in operation successfully since 1996. We are a strong believer of people management, professionalism and...