Areas of Responsibility
- Advise and consult with General Manager and the designated sales department on the preparation of quotes for new work. Review customer drawings and specifications needed to prepare these quotes.
- Advise and consult with technicians, machinists, and CNC programmers to determine best approach to manufacturing parts. Establish specific process required for the production of specific electrochemically machined parts.
- Design and oversee fabrication of electrodes and other components for process.
- Create the design of experiment (DOE) to determine the best process in the shortest and most cost effective way.
- Coordinate with mill department, lathe department, and operations department to determine best schedule for supporting manufacturing process.
- Develop and document Turbocam’s standards, techniques and processes.
- Coordinate with tooling department and purchasing department to ensure that all necessary tools and materials necessary for production are purchased.
- Provide all necessary information, documentation, data, drawings, and manufacturing direction to other departments and vendors.
- With the sales contact, serve as contact between Turbocam and customer. Provide updates to customer as needed.
- Coordinate with vendors as necessary for sub-contracting work to them.
- Provide leadership to direct the project and resolve problems as needed.
- Visit customers and vendors as necessary.
- Maintain all necessary documentation, drawings, and data. Archive all information when jobs are complete.
- Perform final visual inspection of parts and supporting documentation before shipment of parts.
- Demonstrates competence in handling non-conforming parts.
- Must maintain adequate near vision by means of an annual test (per the requirements of Work Instruction WIQA.04).
- Support the company mission statement.
- Comply with established safety practices and act in a proactive manner in communicating potential safety hazards to the Safety Committee.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years’ experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years’ experience using CAD and CAM software. Solidworks preferred.
- 4-year Mechanical or Chemical Engineering degree.
- High comfort level with various computer systems and software.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Fundamental understanding of Electricity and Chemistry.
- Knowledge of customer requirements, industry standards, TURBOCAM and vendor capabilities.
- ECM experience a plus.