Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 61,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world's best broker, best insurance intermediary, reinsurance intermediary, captives manager and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit www.aon.com for more information on Aon and www.aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon's global partnership and shirt sponsorship with Manchester United.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Health and Benefits Operations Analyst in our Winston-Salem or Charlotte, NC offices. This position will support Aon’s Health and Benefits group.
The EDI Analyst acts as a liaison between our clients, third party vendors, and the client delivery team. The Analysts is responsible for building Interfaces based on client data and third party requirements. The EDI Analyst delivers efficient interface processes for the system that meets the needs of the clients and their third parties. The role requires strong technical expertise as well as analysis skills.
The Analyst is responsible for on-boarding new vendors; initiating contact, defining requirements, and adhering to established standards. The position requires a person with the unique mix of technical knowledge, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and exceptional customer service.
- Interact internally with management and cross-functional colleagues to resolve issues.
- Interact externally to resolve issues effecting operations. This includes, but is not limited to clients and vendors.
- Daily monitoring and troubleshooting of electronic transmissions, working cooperatively with others to achieve long term resolution of errors.
- Continue to improve systems knowledge and competencies for yourself.
- Reconciles gaps for missing data elements
- Disseminates information and knowledge regarding client
- Participates in internal testing and review of data
- Review client reports for accuracy based on understanding of data
- Learns client plan provisions in order to support requirement gathering and data analysis
- Analyzes files and layouts to develop requirements
- Participates in analysis discussions to ensure the requirements match the system setup
- Leads client data and third party interface requirements meetings
- Creates and maintains ready requirements documents
- Define and create data specifications
- Defines data edits that should be run to validate accuracy of data received, including client provision specific edits
Bachelor's degree or work experience required
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work within deadlines
- Professional approach and strong communication skills
Pervasive, Informatica, Biztalk or other ETL Experience
Experience working with electronic carrier files, mapping client data to carrier formats especially HIPAA
Advanced DB2 Relational Database and Data Model skills, writing advanced queries
Understanding data flows, data processing, and stored procedures
SQL and SQL Reporting Services
Experience working with human resources, benefits and payroll systems a plus
3+ years of data management/EDI experience required
3+ years of experience (and demonstrated competence, depth, and breadth) of complex processing experience
Key Leadership Dimensions:
Winston Salem, North Carolina United States
- Client Value - Provides timely response to requests while independently delivering outstanding work product
- Unmatched Teams - Responds promptly, thoughtfully, and effectively to changing work environments, priorities, and situations
- Business Results - Provide simple, quality client solutions; follows established processes
- Values - Consistently performs responsibilities to the best of ability
- Innovation - Builds own skills and shares new ideas; looks for new ways to serve clients
Winston Salem, NC United States
Aon - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance and...