Part I – Position Identification Information
Machine Operator – Wire EDM
% of Travel
Original Approval Date
Last Review Date
Safely operate equipment and perform other functions in assigned work area to assist the team in meeting quality and delivery metrics.
Part II – Position Responsibilities
· Safely operate a variety of pieces of manufacturing equipment, including start-up/shut down.
· Perform quality checks on sharpened parts using hand tools, gauges, scales, microscopes and computerized equipment.
· Identify cosmetic and major defects in parts.
· Make adjustments on machine specific software.
· Change machine parts to accommodate different part sizes and dimensions.
· Pack products according to procedure when necessary.
· Follow all instructions in work orders and quality database
· Enter job information (part counts, completion of task) correctly into manufacturing software.
· Read and interpret blueprints, and perform all job tasks based on the blueprint information.
· Assist other machine operators and work with a team-oriented attitude.
· Maintain a clean and safe workspace.
· Identify and communicate suggestions for continuous improvement.
· Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
· Use safe blade handling techniques at all times.
Part III – Knowledge, Skills & Abilities for Position
· High school graduate or equivalent education/training preferred.
· 2+ years proficiency in Wire EDM
· Strong mechanical and troubleshooting ability
· Basic mathematical skills , such as the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
· Blueprint Reading experience
· Basic computer/data entry skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, manipulate small clips and controls, etc. Frequent handling of sharp product during manufacturing process. Good visual acuity is required for this job. Requirements include close visual inspection, whether with the naked eye or aided with magnifying instruments. This position requires an associate to stand on their feet 100% of the time. Lifting up to 55 pounds required occasionally. This position requires an associate to wear safety glasses while in the production environment. The noise level in the work environment is loud, but is within OSHA acceptable limits without hearing protection. The associate may be exposed to oily conditions.