This position will primarily support the Lastinger Center’s work in partner schools in Palm Beach County with new learning and implementation of new strategies; will manage logistics for project events; will represent the project under the direction of the partnership manager. The primary role of this position is to provide support to the Lastinger Center Palm Beach County Professor in Residence in order to fulfill the Lastinger Center’s contractual responsibilities surrounding the STEM grants. This position is located in Palm Beach County, Florida. This is a time limited position.
Manage a STEM -focused instructional coach certification program that includes face-to-face institutes, online collaboration, and school-based follow-up support for the implementation of new learning.
-Support leadership within Lastinger schools
- Meet with district leadership on regular basis
- Attend school meetings to support Lastinger school leadership teams
- Conduct/assist with meetings and assist in agenda creation
- Provide coaching and mentoring support for Lastinger school principals and teachers
-Provide support for an implementation of new strategies for STEM grants
- Provide support to content supervisors
- Help plan and facilitate meetings with Lastinger teacher facilitators
Collaborate with COE faculty and staff on STEM Initiative grant efforts as well as agenda and resource development for instructional coaching sessions
-Support Lastinger and COE faculty with STEM implementation of STEM initiatives in Palm Beach County
- Support the development of and facilitation of coaching sessions
- Develop agendas and manage project events
- Assist in data collection and analyzes to measure and evaluate project initiatives
Assist Miami-based partnership manager with project coordination and logistics
- Support Miami-based partnership manager with any project logistics
- Assist in professional development efforts
Serve as a liaison to project partners, including in-county travel across Palm Beach County and periodic travel to Gainesville for planning meetings
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
Completed Masters (by August 2013) in STEM education, teacher education, curriculum and instruction with a teacher education focus, or a closely related area
•-Strong background in one or more STEM areas (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics)
•-At least three years of successful 6-12 classroom teaching experience in a STEM area
•-Evidence of ability and willingness to work collaboratively and with a commitment to collegiality
Health Assessment Required:
Special instructions to applicants:
M-F – schedule will vary to align with teachers’ availability in the partner schools.
Some travel to and from partner schools as well as periodic trips to Gainesville.
Must have a valid State of Florida driver’s license with a good driving record.
A criminal background check is required.
This position is time limited.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
University of Florida - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -