The EEG Tech performs EEG procedures in accordance with established procedures and protocols under the supervision of the interpreting neurologist. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs all phases of electroneurodiagnostic procedures on hospital inpatients and outpatients.
- Measures and records impulse frequencies on graph to be used by physician in diagnosing brain disorders.
- Performs clerical duties such as maintaining patient logs and records, charting reports as well as completion of billing procedures.
- Performs general cleaning, maintenance and calibration records of all electroneurodiagnostic equipment.
- Coordinates and organizes supplies, equipment and instruments needed for procedures.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Orients and mentors staff.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- High school or GED is preferred.
- Vocational / Technical training preferred
- Previous experience performing electroneurodiagnostic procedures preferred.
- Prefer one year experience as a technologist or technician in Stress/EEG Lab.
- Completion of an EKG course.
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
HCA Inc - 12 months ago