Theres a reason Insperity Ranks in the Top 3% of U.S. Best Workplaces on WorkplaceDynamics list.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to Americas best businesses for more than 25 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees personal and professional success are the reasons weve been regarded as one of the Best Places to Work for 10 years running.
With limited supervision, monitors and ensures client company equal employment opportunity (EEO) compliance with local, state and federal laws. Handles internal worksite employee EEO complaints and determines the processes and procedures for resolution of same with the goal of minimizing potential liability to Insperity and clients through effective oversight of the processing of client EEO charges. Much decision-making is attached to this position and is governed by procedures and guidelines with Company-wide impact.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Investigates, fact finds, and recommends solutions to internal and external worksite employee EEO complaints. Monitors and ensures client company compliance with state and federal laws by assisting clients in resolving complex and challenging EEO matters.
- Oversees processing of state and federal EEO charges by worksite employees from initial service through final resolution including negotiation and settlement. Prepares EEO charge responses, gathers information, responds to investigator calls, and serves as primary contact for Insperity and client companies throughout the investigation and during telephone and on-site investigations.
- Handles EEO threatened litigation matters/demand letters in conjunction with corporate and/or outside legal counsel including conducting investigations, providing defense strategy and negotiations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with government agency officials at state and federal levels to represent client companies effectively.
- Researches and reviews federal and state laws, regulations and precedent cases to defend clients against claims/charges and to provide best practice HR direction to clients.
- Prepares for and attends both government agency and private mediations in resolution of regulatory charges and threatened litigation. Case preparation for mediation involves interviewing relevant parties, document gathering and organization, defense strategies and witness appearances.
- Advises internal service providers, worksite employees, managers and supervisors to ensure all parties are informed about the EEO process.
- Confers with Insperity legal counsel to help protect the liability of Insperity and the client.
- Collaborates with internal service providers in resolution of EEO matters and serves as primary contact for clients, employees and state agencies regarding EEO questions or problems.
- Researches individual-specific health information related to disability, ADA and FMLA discrimination/retaliation claims
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or a related field is required. Masters Degree is preferred.
- Ten or more years of experience with EEO, employee relations, negotiation and diversity experience, with heavy emphasis on investigation and resolution of complaints and charges.
- Extensive customer service experience in working with large clients, including regular involvement with C-level client contacts.
- Prior experience as an Insperity HR service provider working with large clients (Emerging Growth or MidMarket) is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- PHR certification required. SPHR preferred.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS Offering unrivaled benefits starting day one!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Communicates clearly and concisely and maintains effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of employment. Prepares clear, concise, thorough, and grammatically correct written reports, position statements, letter, memoranda, and other written documents.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state employment and EEO laws and regulations.
- Ability to apply federal, state, and local laws, regulations, ordinances and policies.
- Ability to be flexible in handling multiple assignments in a fast paced environment and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to interface and influence management at all levels to resolve conflicts.
- Ability to work independently, and be a strong team player.
- Adheres to principals, practices and procedures of personnel administration and organizational development, including methods and techniques of employee counseling, management and supervisory procedures and practices
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Generous paid time off (19 days!) for personal, vacation and sick days
- 8 Paid holidays
- Four hours/month paid volunteer time off
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 401(k) plan
- And much more!
Insperity - 12 months ago