Optimized Systems and Solutions (OSyS) is a world-class supplier of asset management and decision support solutions. We specialize in solutions that help our customers unlock the full decision-making value of their asset data, allowing them to evolve through a programme of improvements from basic asset protection, to performance management, and on to achieving a highly predictive business where there are no surprises.
We have more than 400 employees working from a number of development and service centres, principally in the United States and United Kingdom providing efficiency-boosting, cost-effective solutions for asset optimization. Optimized Systems and Solutions (OSyS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rolls Royce plc.
A high profile, and challenging position is offered to support the growing EHM Engineering Services organisation within Optimized Systems and Solutions (OSyS). Engineering Services has responsibilities across all monitored assets within OSyS, including Civil Aero, Energy, Marine & Defence. The primary role of the EHM change engineer within this group is to respond rapidly to emerging asset issues by developing new analytics or configuring existing EHM techniques to allow issues to be contained by an EHM service. The EHM change engineer will liaise with internal and external customers to understand the service issue and corresponding change requirement then develop solutions and implement them in the EHM system.
This hands-on position would suit a well rounded, self-motivated individual who has the ability to work in a busy high-tech environment. It is ideally suited to those who have an engineering related qualification who want to progress their career within asset performance monitoring. Engineering & IT skills are desirable but no specific software skills are required.
Qualifications and experience
- Requirements capture, design & implementation of EHM related change
- Manage the introduction of new analyticals, including specifications and testing
- Provide suggestions for improvements to software, operational efficiency and quality
- Provide input to project teams when required
- Set up and manage services for Aero and Energy customers
- Effective liaison with other OSyS departments for operational efficiency and information
To be considered for this opportunity, you will have and be able to demonstrate the following: -
- An Engineering, Science or IT based degree
- Strong IT skills
- Numerate, able to work under pressure, capable of working to tight short term deadlines and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload
- Positive attitude to work, being able to work within a team as well as individually
- Experience in EHM service, engine performance, service engineering or product support preferred but not necessary
Please be aware that priority will be given to employees identified as being in an affected group.
The professional level and salary of the position will be dependent on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil aerospace,...