This application developer position with the Clinical Informatics product development team is responsible for the development and support of clinical reporting solutions, initially focused in the Meditech 6.0 application which uses Microsoft tools SSRS and SSIS against a SQL Server 2008 data repository. The position may grow into programming in Meditech Magic and other tools as well.
- Evaluate and analyze reporting requirements to create technical solution designs.
- Code to HCA standards
- Test own development thoroughly
- Participate in team code reviews
- Provide development support through testing and deployment
- Participate as appropriate with business analysts and partners to define reporting requirements and reporting solutions
- Learn and maintain existing reporting solutions
- Be able to resolve production support issues without assistance
- College graduate preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of report development experience
- Experience with SQL Server is beneficial
SQL development desirable: SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, Business Objects
Experience developing in Meditech MAGIC and/or Customer NPR environments is not required but would be very beneficial
Able to establish and meet delivery dates
Strong analytical and technical skills with ability to analyze issues, assess technical risks, and recommend sound solutions in a timely manner
Able to build strong relationships within department and with other technical people
Ability to work independently as well as with a team on complex projects.
Looks for ways to improve how and what we develop and makes suggestions.
Adeptness to learn new assignments, technologies and applications quickly and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
Ability to participate in after-hours support
The department is based in Nashville, Tennessee. If moving to Nashville, generous relocation assistance provided.
HCA Inc - 18 months ago