EHR Director, Radiology Oncology
Summary of Duties:
Lead and direct the design, development, configuration, and support of the Elekta , Varian, and Epic (Beacon) EMR solutions that will facilitate transformation in all Radiation and Medical Oncology departments within HCA. The Lead is responsible for developing, implementing and executing repeatable and effective deployment processes for all phases of the project (Pilot and Enterprise rollouts). The Lead is responsible for developing productive relationships with all internal and external Clinical stakeholders. The Lead will provide input to future direction of the Varian, Elekta, and Epic products from the perspective of how it consistently supports the strategic initiatives of Sarah Cannon.
Managers and Product Analyst who represent all aspects of the Varian and Elekta, consisting of Data Conversion, Interface Support, Reporting, and Ancillary Systems.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Responsible for the definition and development of product software specifications related to Elekta, Varian, and Epic EMRs
- Responsible for setting direction of the design, development, configuration, testing, product releases and maintenance.
- Responsible for all functional areas related to the development of the Varian, Elekta, and Epic EMRs and working across organizational boundaries.
- Responsible for software Vendor Management.
- Responsible for the development and utilization of metrics to measure productivity and effective operational processes.
- Responsible for building effective teams by hiring individuals that possess the necessary skills and represent the company's values.
- Responsible for guiding the budgeting process and effectively managing the budget throughout the year.
- As a member of the Product Development leadership team, responsible for participating in the discussion and decisions that affect the entire Product Development organization.
- Ensures resource management is in alignment with project requirements and scope.
- Will structure, organize, and recruit staff for the project rollouts.
- Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
- Responsible for responding effectively to audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
- Solid working knowledge of Radiation Oncology EMR application development platforms and integration tools that business analysts, software architects, developers, and quality assurance teams use to create enterprise applications.
- Strong leadership skills with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Proven leadership ability with strong development processes and practices experience background. Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with a Graduate Degree preferred.
- 4 years of experience leading large, full life-cycle Clinical EMR application projects with a proven track record of execution and results.
- Experience preferred with Radiation Oncology Systems (Patient Care, Patient Safety, Radiology, Laboratory, Scheduling, and Outpatient).
- Experience preferred with Enterprise Reporting, Data Warehousing, and Interface management
- Some travel required but generally less than 25%.
- Typical workweek hours can vary depending on workload, outages, or project deliverables.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
HCA Inc - 11 months ago