This staff level position with the Enterprise Clinical Reporting product development team is responsible for analyzing clinical and related data in support of business initiatives associated with Meaningful Use and other related clinical initiatives. This includes working with business partners to create metrics that enable measurement of progress toward initiative goals and ensuring that the proper data is being collected for the metrics. This position will initially focus on data management efforts in support of meaningful use enterprise clinical reporting.
This role will spend considerable time coordinating the analysis and integration of clinical and related data. This analysis will result in data plans that will be used to manage the day to day activities of the development team in the realization of the data plan.
This position requires extensive exposure to a healthcare environment in a data-intensive setting. Success in this position includes strong working relationships and productive collaboration with project teams, other IT&S teams and our business partners, and a demonstrated ability to support projects while continuing to maintain a data quality discipline. Due to the number and nature of interactions this position will have with other teams, very strong verbal and written communication skills are mandatory.
· Coordinates information requirements of multiple departments including assessment of usefulness, reliability and cleanliness of data from several sources associated with meaningful use.
· Collaborates on data analysis, documentation of data issues and business requirements, solutions design and development, data problem and enhancement requests, QA testing, troubleshooting and client support issues.
· Researches and documents data issues, develops standards for consistency and coordinates validity checking to assure that data is accurate and of significant value.
· Works with business analysts and business partners to define data requirements and information solutions of manageable scope and complexity.
· Ensures data is presented in proper context in all uses.
· Engage with System of Record (SOR) stakeholders to understand data intent and derive lineage across functions.
· Participate in Source System Analysis to understand and uncover the logical data flow.
· Understand the data history requirements from various source systems and articulate enterprise approach on maintaining and managing historical data.
· Participate in Logical Modeling discussions and identify and understand data lineage.
· Participate in design reviews of Physical data models and ETL designs.
· Provide requirements to QA teams on success criteria and User Acceptance of the data for information solutions.
· Participate in review of defects and data quality issues are they are uncovered during the product lifecycle.
· Document data requirements and then work with technical team to translate these requirements into system requirement specifications for back-end ETL processes.
· Work with business partners to define rules for parsing, standardizing, matching and integrating product related data.
· Perform Data Profiling (experience with automated profiling tools is a plus)
· Strong analytical and technical skills with ability to analyze issues, assess technical risks, and recommend sound solutions in a timely manner
· Knowledge of government and industry standards related to healthcare information and meaningful use is highly desirable.
Experience with logical and physical data modeling, data warehouse architecture, dimensional modeling, data mart and database optimization also desirable.
5 to 10 years of relevant work experience required.
Bachelor's degree required.
· Experience with MEDITECH or other clinical information systems.
· Basic knowledge of operational clinical processes.
· Candidate must be detailed oriented, have good organizational skills, follow-through and analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and possess strong collaboration, facilitation and negotiation skills.
· Knowledge of: Basic SQL and the ability to navigate Teradata or other database.
· Prolonged sitting at CRT.
· Ability to participate in after-hours support.
Position is located in Nashville, Tennessee; generous relocation assistance provided.
HCA Inc - 30+ days ago