From concept-to-commercialization, Ryt-way provides ingenuity, flexibility, efficiency, and responsiveness to deliver value at every stage in the food packaging process. Ryt-way Industries is the one company that can deliver speed, precision, and performance from start to finish. Our goal is to save time, reduce materials, increase speed, and lower overall cost. We need employees that operate in good faith with a positive attitude and collaborative work style. It is essential that Ryt-way employees are committed to a safe and healthy work environment.
The EHS Coordinator will be responsible for leading occupational safety and health programs and initiatives, environmental reporting and conservation programs, and related functions. This position will support the location by utilizing a “hands on” approach to work with employees and management to instill a strong EHS culture.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure completion of Incident and Close-Call investigations including formal root-cause analysis and reporting
· Administrate worker’s compensation program including return to work program; attend scheduled claims reviews
· Coordinate, develop, schedule, and/or provide safety training according to prescribed deadlines
· Lead and facilitate regular safety meetings; working directly with supervisors and managers to implement needed risk prevention engagement.
· Serve as the primary onsite contact with OSHA, EPA, other regulatory agencies, customers, vendors, visitors, and third party auditors; accompany inspectors during visits to facilities; communicate results of the inspection to management and recommend changes to ensure conformance to requirements
· Audit the PPE program; monitor compliance, evaluate effectiveness and recommend changes/updates where and when appropriate
· Administrate, coordinate and execute the site hearing conservation program
· Conduct Executive and Associate Safety Team meetings and training, ensure accurate minutes are recorded and follow-up on assigned corrective actions
· Assist in the review and development of company programs related to EHS; execute implementation based on corporate directives of these programs
· Maintain OSHA, EPA , city, county, and state recordkeeping requirements
· Lead the implementation of corrective/preventive measures to eliminate out of compliance audit exceptions
· Assist in the identification, analysis, and control of occupational hazards requiring the application of professional EHS knowledge, skill, and abilities via site inspections
· Advise on the setting of EHS targets/key milestones and monitor implementation and follow-up.
· Collect and track metrics associated with targets and milestones and report monthly on status
· Maintain hazard communication program
· Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Associate’s Degree preferred in relevant area of study; equivalent experience will be considered
· Two or more years experience working in a manufacturing environment – food manufacturing preferred
· Knowledge of applicable EHS regulations and best practices with the ability to provide practical solutions
· Experience performing EHS inspections, monitoring, and promoting workplace safety, environmental compliance, and conducting training
· Must be fluent in Spanish
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate employees and influence management
· Possess a high level of patience and composure; ability to work under pressure with multiple competing deadlines
· Must be familiar with planning and presenting EHS training programs
· Communicate effectively orally and maintain effective working relationships
· Must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking both English and Spanish
· Competency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
· Ability to be on call 24/7 and travel as required (10-15%)
In terms of an 8 hour workday, “Occasionally” equals 1% to 33%; “Frequently” equals 34% to 66%, and “Continuously” equals 67% to 100% of the time. In an 8 hour workday the job holder should be able to:
· Continuously sit.
· Frequently stand and walk.
· Occasionally bend/stoop, squat, twist, push/pull, kneel and crouch
· Occasionally reach above shoulder level.
· Occasionally carry/lift up to twenty (20) pounds, as in a case of paper or a file box.
· Continuously use his/her hands/fingers for the repetitive actions of simple and firm manipulation/grasping, as in operating a computer keyboard or touch tone telephone.
· Occasionally use his/her head and neck in flexing and rotating.
· Continuously be around office working conditions.
· Continuously be in a climate (heated/air-conditioned) controlled environment.
· Frequently be around moving machinery.
· Frequently be in factory and/or warehouse working conditions.
· Occasionally be in dusty conditions.
This position is exempt making it ineligible for overtime.
Ryt-way Industries, LLC - 30+ days ago
Ryt-way Industries, Inc has made great strides at improving the security of its facilities since September 2001. Along with meeting customer...