EHS ENV HLTH-SFTY Tech II
This position is directly responsible for the over-all operation of the wastewater/pre-treatment systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Checks various operational parameters in the plant; reports process and equipment status to supervisor; makes adjustments as directed.
- Spend time on the shop floor, interacting with employees engaged in the manufacturing process.
- Observe workers to determine proper use of prescribed safety equipment / safety procedures. Train and demonstrate proper use of safety equipment.
- Ensure that federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes and rules are observed.
- Ensure that OSHA as well as other environmental and safety recordkeeping and reporting requirements are met.
- Tour and inspect company facilities to ensure health, safety, and environmental compliance are maintained and recommend corrective or preventive measures where needed.
- Participate in the investigation and evaluation of accidents. Recommending preventative safety measures and developing safety program.
- Compile and submit required OSHA accident reports.
- Participate in the review of new operations, processes and procedures to assure EHS issues/hazards are addressed.
- Coordinate or provide in-house safety training for new hires.
- Assist in the administration of the behavior-based safety program.
- Prepare reports of findings with recommendations for corrective actions.
· Collects samples in the plant and runs limited routine tests.
· Makes legible and correct entries in logs, charts and records both manually and by computer keyboard.
· Assists in overhaul of equipment.
· Calibrates and adjusts chemical feeders.
· Performs basic reporting, record keeping and mathematical calculations, and communicates with supervisors, co-workers and the public in English, orally, and in writing.
· Inspect Fire Extinguishers on a monthly basis.
· Conduct weekly inspections of hazardous and non-hazardous waste, satellite accumulation locations and coordinate pick-up and disposition of same.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondences. Ability to speak effectively before groups of people. Ability to clearly communicate process and product failures to supervision in written and oral form.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Ability to draw and interpret graphs and charts. Ability to recognize trends and process variations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to prioritize and schedule daily tasks based upon daily departmental goals. Ability to quickly react, and re-prioritize when necessary, to achieve daily departmental goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree preferred
Two (2) years of previous experience in EHS /wastewater treatment role
Georgia Industrial Wastewater Operator License or ability to achieve certification within one year.
Additional training/certifications preferred:
-OSHA 30 hour
-Medical First Responder
-RCRA Hazardous Waste Transportation
-Lock out-Tag out certification
-Confined Space management
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Should possess good communication skills.
Solid knowledge of OSHA requirements from 29 cfr 1910.
Should exhibit good judgment skills.
Must have basic computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office.
Must be a self starter and work under minimal supervision.
Environmental, Health & Safety
Apr 4, 2013, 7:20:36 AM
Textron - 12 months ago