POSITION: EHS Manager – Industrial Steel
REPORTS TO: General Manager of Manufacturing Facility
LOCATION: Hazelton, PA 18201
A global leader in the manufacture of steel structures
used in the electrical utility transmission and
distribution industry has an immediate opening for an
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager at its
manufacturing facility in Hazelton, PA. Reporting to the
General Manager of this facility, the EHS Manager has
safety responsibilities that include identifying and
evaluating those conditions, practices and personal
behaviors, which result in human, facility, equipment,
and product losses for the Company. In this role the EHS
Manager develops, communicates, coordinates, and
implements comprehensive loss control processes to
reduce those losses. Evaluates and directs compliance
with applicable governmental regulation and services in
a support role in managing Safety, Workers’ Compensation
and claims management.
The EHS Manager also has environmental responsibilities
that include managing the execution of all environmental
programs at the Company’s Hazleton facility. Such
responsibility includes insuring compliance with
environmental permits or other applicable authorizations
and regulations of compliance related-tasks.
Environmental program shall consist of, but not limited
to waste water and storm water discharges, air
emissions, universal hazardous waste management,
hazardous materials management, and other corresponding
state and local requirements.
The EHS Manager has these key responsibilities:
· Directing the facility’s Safety by Objective Plan.
· Coordinating weekly safety topics for all production
· Facilitating monthly safety committee meetings.
· Conducting department safety training for all
departmental personnel, as well as orientation and
training for new or transferred employees.
· Seeking out / completing ergonomic improvement
· Completing monthly department inspections and auditing
all Lockout/Tag out procedures.
· Investigating all losses and schedule and leading all
injury and property damage diagnosis meetings; being
accountable for all follow-up action items.
· Working with Production Supervisors to design and
ensure the completion of the department Safety by
Objectives Plans and also to design department Emergency
Preparedness Plans and Department Spill Plans; plus
training personnel in this area.
· Promoting and assisting employees in the completion of
Loss Reports, Safety Recognition, and Hazard Report
· Coordinating quarterly site EHS audit with the General
· Associate degree or relevant work experience in a
technician field; Bachelor’s degree in
safety/environmental field(s) preferred.
· Prior safety procedures in a manufacturing
environment, gained through work and or study,
preferably within an industrial steel
· Problem-solving skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Power
· Ability to identify safety hazards in the workplace.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and work unexpected
overtime and alternate shifts.
· Above average safety, performance and attendance
· Ability to stand or walk 75 percent of the shift;
ability to lift 50 lbs. occasionally; and ability to
work at heights up to 50 feet.
· Self-confidence and poise to address employees about
· Experience in a multi-site manufacturing organization
and experience in environmental compliance management a
Annual salary of $75,000, or higher depending on
experience and qualifications, plus 4-percent
performance bonus (maxed at 3X). Local candidates
preferred. Relocation assistance available, as