Full time contract opening for an EHS Specialist in Rensselaer, New York|
Performs various tasks to ensure compliance with environmental heath and safety policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude, but are not limited to, the following:
Education and Experience:
- Conducts and/or coordinates environmental health and safety (EHS) training sessions;
- Responds to and coordinates life safety system activations and testing;
- Oversight of and assisting contracted personnel with general site safety and environmental compliance;
- Interaction with regulatory agencies;
- Maintains and supplies safety and personal protective equipment;
- Coordinates emergency response efforts;
- Assists in implementation of EHS policies, plans, and programs;
- Assists in EHS investigations and response actions;
- Conducts periodic EHS tours of the process areas and laboratories;
- Follows current good manufacturing practices
- Provides construction safety oversight
To apply use the "Email your resume" link above.
- Requires a BS in Environmental Science or a pertinent scientific field and have 5+ years of EHS experience.
- 23 months ago - save job