Responsible for monitoring and interpreting laws and regulations with respect to worker safety, ergonomics, materials handling/material handling equipment, industrial hygiene and other related areas; assists all Company departments with overall regulatory compliance, adherence to the company’s safety and environmental policies; assists all company departments and manufacturing facilities in the development and implementation of corporate OSHA safety compliance, statistical safety analysis, and process safety management systems; plays a key part in reducing injuries throughout the organization using various behavioral based safety techniques; develops efficient processes, management systems and training programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulations; other responsibilities include creation of guidance documents, conducting site audits and project management of other related tasks; actively participates in the enhancement and development of the Corporate E, H & S team.
- Develops and maintains the Company’s safety programs primarily for distribution facilities and company-owned retail stores with the intention of reducing lost time accidents and ensuring OSHA compliance. Supports all facilities with the implementation of these programs.
- Development and analysis of company safety statistics.
- Participate as required in representing the Company at trade association meetings, legal hearings, advisory groups and related activities.
- Serves as the safety liaison for our outsourced professional employer organization (PEO) for retail operations
- Author SOPs and track review and implementation
- Has working knowledge of industrial hygiene testing and analysis
search words: EHS jobs, health and safety, H&S, EH&S, safety jobs, OSHA, HSE, workplace safety, safety management
- Bachelors’ degree in Safety, Chemical or Industrial Engineering, Occupational Safety, or a related field is required, Master’s preferred.
- 8+ years of experience implementing safety management systems in a manufacturing environment.
- A Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) is desirable.
- Knowledge of general OSHA regulations is required.
- Strong technical writing (SOPs) and computer literacy is required.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and verbal communication skills are required.
- Knowledge and experience in behavioral based safety is desirable, including the DuPont STOP program
- Knowledge, training and experience in Process Safety Management is desirable
- Training and experience working in a team environment is desirable.
- Travel to meetings and facility locations is required (approx. 25% travel)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Benjamin Moore & Coendeavors to make our career page and applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Not only can you paint the town red with Benjamin Moore paints, you can stain and finish it as well. In addition to ready-mixed colors --...