Support EHS initiatives to cultivate a safe working environment. Understands and applies the major elements of government regulations standards (may include OSHA, EPA, DOT and/or other governmental regulatory agencies as necessary), and their implications on the facility. Understands and completes most regulatory reporting (workers compensation laws or RCRA annual reports/permitting). Suggests solutions and improvements to EH&S issues/challenges. This position will support both the Mishawaka and Elkhart, Indiana facilities.
Major tasks and responsibilities of position:
• Assist in the administration and management of safety programs including LOTO, PIT, Ergonomics, etc.
• Work closely with the site organization to assure compliance with legal requirements and to drive environmental performance. Interface with EHS regulatory agencies for permitting and reporting. Compliance areas include but are not limited to regulated waste, water, air emissions, and CERCLA.
• Work closely with occupational health and the EHS team on select areas in industrial hygiene/safety, e.g. hearing conservation, respiratory protection.
• Lead and contribute to EHS teams.
• Participate in the EHS internal audit process to ensure compliance with EHS regulations and conformance to ISO 14001/ OHSAS 18001 standards.
• Coordinate and deliver EHS training to employees. Including tow motor certifications.
• As a member of the EHS functional organization, contribute to division and business unit EHS initiatives.
• Participates in presenting standard employee training in EH&S policy and procedures.
• Participates in the investigation of minor incidents and participates in the investigation of major incidents.
• Participates in the completion of semi-complex written programs required by regulatory authorities.
• Performs important areas of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting, more complex, less clearly-defined issues. Refers complex, unusual problems to others. Identifies and resolves semi-complex problems.
• Demonstrates a solid grasp of knowledge and principles of field of specialization and applies through successful completion of assignments. Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Typically 2-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
This position will be located in Elkhart, IN but will help support the Mishawaka, IN facility. Travel between the the facilities will be required.