UALR Functional Title
EIT Recruitment and Outreach Coordinator / R97238
Dean-Engineering & Info Tech
The Recruitment and Outreach Coordinator provides programs and support to enhance and expand EIT’s recruiting and outreach efforts for both pre-college and undergraduate programs and provide support on retention initiatives. The Recruitment and Outreach Coordinator will report to the Assistant Dean and work with the Senior Recruitment and Outreach Coordinator.
UALR and EIT are dedicated to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics ( STEM ) outreach and have one of the largest and most comprehensive STEM outreach programs in Arkansas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in scheduling, planning, management, and operation of all EIT outreach and summer programs including external groups partnering with EIT to conduct outreach events.
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of qualified students (in-state and out-of-state) for all EIT undergraduate programs.
- Attend college fairs and conduct high school visits (in-state and out-of-state) to promote EIT programs with a strategic emphasis aligned with the Office of Admissions.
- Management and coordination of college recruitment efforts including maintaining an EIT presence at in-state and out-of-state college fairs, career days at high schools and middle schools, EIT outreach events and programs, making presentations to high school and middle school students, and the management and coordination of school visits to EIT .
- Assist in the management of EIT outreach and recruitment databases, including tracking participants and maintaining ongoing communication with prospects, parents, and high school teachers/counselors.
- Assist in the planning and managing of EIT recruitment weekends.
- Recommend innovative recruiting strategies to improve recruitment yields for both in-state and out-of-state students and underrepresented students in STEM fields.
- Assist in the managing of and creating content for EIT social media.
- Assist, as directed, in the creation of EIT promotional materials.
- Process all purchase orders for recruitment and outreach events and programs.
- Oversee the ordering of materials and equipment needed for all recruitment and outreach related events and programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess excellent public speaking ability and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare and present oral and written information and reports.
- Ability to design and layout publications.
- Ability to produce and maintain websites, databases, social media, publications, and printed/electronic communication required
- Skill in using current computer applications, including the full suite of Microsoft Office applications and Adobe graphic tools.
- Ability to work without direct supervision combined with the skill to organize complex tasks and manage them to completion.
- Ability to plan and coordinate events for groups of all sizes.
- Ability to travel in state and regionally, which may require overnight stays.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include nights and weekends.
Required Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree with pre-college recruiting experience including interaction with high school students, counselors, and teachers.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field and fluency in a Spanish.
Background Check Requirements
02 - Criminal/Sex
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds: Frequently, Kneeling: Frequently, Crawling: Occasionally, Carrying 10-25 lbs: Frequently, Sitting for long periods of time: Frequently, Standing for long periods of time: Frequently, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Moderate Distances; Daily, Walking - Long Distances; Frequently, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Frequently, Pushing/pulling 25-50 lbs: Occasionally, Sedentary Work - Exerting 10 pounds: Daily, Lifting 10-25 lbs: Frequently
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors, Conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal and sex offender registry background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants selected for an interview should be prepared to make a brief (10 minute) presentation highlighting the importance of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields.
University of Arkansas at Little Rock - 7 months ago