This position performs EKGs, treadmill tests, holter monitor scanning and patient education related to event monitors. This position requires more specialized knowledge to recognize rhythms when performing tests such as holter scanning and treadmills. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in The Methodist Mission, Vision, and Values.
EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIRED :
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year EKG experience, building upon the skills of the EKG Tech I.
- Demonstrated competency in the specialty areas through successful completion of Beginner and Intermediate EKG classes.
- Healthcare-provider CPR certified.
- ACLS or PALS (pediatrics) preferred.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations commensurate with education.
- Ability to read and comprehend moderately complex written material, such as technical manuals commensurate with education.
- Ability to organize and complete tasks.
- Ability to communicate verbally with others, including patients and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain working relationships with co-workers.
Methodist Healthcare - 17 months ago