Scope of Work : As a Services Engineer II you will be part of RAN Transport Engineering team. You will perform network integration on transport/Backhaul nodes such as MultiService Switching Nodes (MSN), Cell site Router (CSR),SP-210/310, SOEM, Smart Edge Routers and aggregate routers. In addition, you can be part of team which performs network planning, system design and network performance audits. You will perform these activities on Ericsson’s 4th Generation IP products and solutions and provide services on other vendor’s transport equipment, primarily in multi-vendor networks. This includes IP Backbone and IP Convergence products. |
• Ability to perform detail analysis and investigation related to network and system performance.
• Ability to evaluate customer requirements and provide solutions with support from other team members.
• Expertise in layer 2 switching concepts, MPLS and layer 3 IP routing protocols.
• Expertise in IP Transport Network connectivity.
• Detailed understanding of 3G, 4G, UMTS, CDMA, EVDO network architecture and how access nodes are connected to Core network.
• Experience in Ethernet Backhaul. IP backhaul and mobile backhaul integration is desired.
• Experience in TDM to IP migration or ATM to IP migration of cellular networks
• Troubleshooting skills required to solve problems in the network by working with multiple teams supporting multi-vendor IP/TDM/ATM networks.
• Actively contribute to improvements and participate in innovation, Lessons learned, knowledge sharing activities.
• CCNA or other industry equivalent certificate is must to prove IP expertise.