This skilled test technician will provide a key function for the compliance team through supporting EMC Regulatory compliance testing of unlicensed and licensed intentional transmitters.
This detail-oriented technician will prepare and conduct tests according to test plan, per the scheduled test programs and instructions from the EMC Lab Manager.
- Experience working in a laboratory and small team environment.
- Understanding of RF measurement techniques and use of various RF measurement instruments (specifically Spectrum Analyzers, EMI Receivers, Network Analyzers, EMI receivers, Power Meters).
- Experience troubleshooting digital and RF hardware.
- Experience working with Wireless technologies such as Cellular, Bluetooth and WLAN a plus.
- Understanding of FCC and European regulatory requirements for wireless and ITE devices.
- Understanding of EMC standards for unintentional transmitters such as CISPR22 and CISPR 24.
- Perform EMC Regulatory testing on unlicensed and licensed intentional transmitters and support EMC regulatory testing for unintentional transmitters.
- Perform tests such as Conducted Spurious Emissions, Radiated Spurious Emissions, Occupied Bandwidth, Radiated Immunity, ESD, EFT, etc.
- Record data and work with Compliance Engineers to fulfill testing needs for Microsoft Proprietary devices.
- Follow Microsoft Quality Standard procedures.
- Follow lab equipment operation and maintenance guideline.
- Working productively and seamlessly as a member of a skilled team of compliance professionals
Education: Associated degree in Electrical Engineering or 4 year experience in a related field.
Flexible hours may be required.
You must have:
- Great attention to details.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving techniques.
- Strong organization and documentation abilities.
- Ability to effectively work with a skilled team, and collaborate with a team of compliance engineers.
Cascade Engineering Services - 7 months ago