Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and 7+ years professional experience.
- Significant experience troubleshooting technically challenging customer issues in a complex distributed network environment.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to promptly perceive customer needs and accurately prioritize requests. Prioritize business critical issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Gather relevant information and determine troubleshooting steps. Exercise judgment when determining appropriate action
- Identify, replicate and concisely report issue symptoms and outcome.
- Create workarounds, log bugs, update case tracking and knowledge base entries.
Monitor support cases to facilitate resolution within customer SLAs.
resolution progress is communicated at appropriate levels of detail.
Recognize time-sensitive nature of customer questions and necessitate closure of issues.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers via phone and email. Customers are On-site Engineers, Network, Web development, Security professionals, Implementation Managers, and administrators in mission-critical environments.
- Comprehensive understanding of the software development cycle and best practice support techniques in a fast paced environment.
Experience with Apache AXIS is a plus.
- Experience with deployed environments Java/J2EE/.Net, Oracle/Various SQL database systems running on Windows, UNIX, and LINUX platforms.
- Use code for creation of tools, utilities, to debug issues in supported products.
- Able to use advanced debugging techniques including analysis of dump files, tracing, and performance tuning and monitoring.
- Proficient in controlling customer situations, and setting customer expectations appropriately.
- Ability to maintain self-control while defusing stressful customer situations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and technical descriptions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to understand, isolate, and resolve difficult technical problems that lie within the diverse realms of networking, network security, applications, operating systems and the often complicated nature of the customer relationship.
- Strong organizational skills.
When you chose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
EMC - 18 months ago
EMC has its head in the cloud. And rightly so for a company that's helping businesses build Web-based computing systems with its data...