EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS COORDINATOR-EMERGENCY ROOM
BSHR - SHARED SERVICES, NORFOLK, VA
Department: EMERGENCY SERVICES ADMIN
Requisition Number: 39110
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; Monday - Friday
Exempt from Overtime: Yes
I. Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Under the direction of the Vice President, Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer and in collaboration with the facility based Directors of Emergency Services Operations, the EMS Coordinator is responsible for the coordination between the hospital and local agencies providing Emergency Medical Services in the Hampton Roads metropolitan area. This individual will work collaboratively with area EMS providers and Bon Secours Hospitals to assure strong relations and increased utilization of hospital services. The position is also responsible for organizing routine continuing education programs for EMS providers, providing QA/PI information and follow ups for EMS providers, ensuring hospital has appropriate equipment and hospital provides world-class customer service to EMS providers.
II. Employment Qualifications
1. A BSN is required for RN candidate. An active EMT-Paramedic certification in the Commonwealth of Virginia or awaiting reciprocity is required for an EMT candidate. A Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred for EMP-P candidates.
2. Maintains current CPR certification. Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification within one year of employment. Instructor status in AHA programs preferred.
3. Must have significant experience, five years or more, with both pre-hospital and in-hospital emergency medical services and providers. Strong understanding of EMS systems and services.
4. A thorough knowledge of hospital services and/or hospital operations.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
6. Interpersonal skills necessary in order to interact effectively with EMS providers, air ambulances providers, hospital staff, physicians, and all levels of management.
7. Ability to organize and lead committees of diverse agencies specializing in EMS delivery
Bon Secours Health System - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Bon Secours Health System, Inc. based in Marriottsville, Maryland, is a $3 billion dollar not-for-profit Catholic health system that owns,...