We are looking for EMI/EMC Engineer with one of our Direct Client in New York Please find the Job Descriptions below, if you are suitable and interested, please send us your word copy of resume with following details to firstname.lastname@example.org or please call me on 608.237.7235 to discuss more about this position.
Name:Contact Number:Email ID:Pay Rate:Availability:Work Status:Current Location:
Title: EMI/EMC Engineer
Location: New York
Duration: 6+ Months
Required Skills and Experience:
- Review procurement specifications and statement of work documents, focusing on EMI, lightning and ESD requirements , and complete compliance matrices, recommend updates, and communicate issues to the project team
- Perform Electromagnetic Interference design and troubleshooting analysis
- Maintain an active presence while participating in design meetings, PWB reviews as well as driving design efforts toward EMC compliance
- Utilize EM and circuit simulation computational tools for performing emissions and susceptibility analyses
- Provide direction in system and LRU packaging and partitioning, internal and external cable design and shielding, grounding and isolation requirements, connector and CCA filtering design and CCA layout recommendations.
- Troubleshoot EMI events from system to board level
- Act as the first contact for EMC test anomalies and collaborate with the engineering team in trouble-shooting EMC test failures
- Demonstrate a solid working knowledge of EMC test equipment (such as spectrum analyzers and antennas).
- Preparing EMC control plans, test plans and procedures, and documenting test results in the form of test reports
- BS Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics and a minimum of 5-7 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Equivalent military training and work experience in the EMI discipline may be considered.
- Strong knowledge of RF principals, RF Engineering with an emphasis in EMI engineering
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of MIL-STD-461 (A-F), RTCA/DO-160 (C-G)
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and follow: Schematics, engineering drawings, circuit layouts, and parts lists; Cable Harnesses: wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and parts lists; Mechanical Assemblies: mechanical drawings and parts lists
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with all team members (including customers, suppliers, management, test staff, designers, manufacturing)
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.