Position: EMR/EHR Configuration Specialist
The Configuration Specialist will be responsible for facilitating Electronic Health Record (EHR) adoption, deployment and enhancement projects for AHP and MSO clients. The individual will be responsible for supporting the EHR as well as adjacent technologies in physician offices. The candidate will be responsible for performing clinical workflow and best practice analysis. A strong understanding of EHR systems technology is required. This individual should have extensive knowledge in physician practice workflow practice and have the ability to assist the practice with migrating to an electronic environment. The candidate will need to have excellent interpersonal skills to be able to work with physicians and other personnel as well as in a team environment.
- Maintain assessment and project plan.
- Document current and proposed clinical workflows.
- Analyze, evaluate and make recommendations for options in the use of NextGen Electronic Health Record (EHR) documents and adjacent technologies.
- Assist in the configuration of templates and other technology for optimizing operational efficiency and improving clinical processes.
- Effectively educate and guide end-users and IT team members in software functionality and configurations.
- Design, test and document NextGen EHR templates according to design specifications.
- Facilitate the management of user expectations.
- Complete follow-up analysis to ensure software used effectively.
- Test and document NextGen EHR clinical documents and reports using standard SQL based query and reporting tools.
- Maintain workflow documentation, process plans, and task list. Assist in developing training material.
- Support all users of application systems, timely implementation of an ongoing maintenance of applications, and provides the opportunity for enhanced user productivity.
- Participate in evaluation and analysis of customer IT request under minimal supervision to evaluate client needs and recommend IT solutions.
- Provide generalized customer service to support all IT initiatives.
Job Knowledge / Experience Required
- Candidate must have 3-5 years of experience working in a healthcare related entity in an information systems technology capacity.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong Knowledge of EHR Systems.
- Knowledge of clinical workflow and a strong understanding of clinical terminology required.
- Ensure documentation and processes support meaningful use.
- Must be able to collaboration and share knowledge among and across teams, with providers, support staff and vendors.
- Proficient in Microsoft products, including Sharepoint and Project Office.
- Ability to design templates to best support clinic activities.
Preferred and Other Qualifications
- Clinical degree/certification preferred.
- Certification in NextGen EHR, EPM, preferred.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills with the willingness to share information and assist in educating other members of the staff where appropriate.
- Excellent oral and written skills are required.
- Valid California drivers’ license, transportation and proof of insurance.
Arch Health Partners is an award-winning medical foundation affiliated with the Palomar Health System in North San Diego County. The...