is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of compliance with all federal, state and local laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment. No questions included in our application process are intended to secure information to be used for unlawful purposes. Consistent with the provisions of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
EMT - Academy
Return to Previous Page
At least 21 years of age. High School Diploma or equivalent supplemented by college level course work. Ability to successfuly obtain EMT Certification from Hall Ambulance EMT training program. Must be insurable by Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. driver’s insurance policy.
Under general supervision assess injuries, administer compassionate emergency medical care. Provide emergency care and transportation to the ill and injured, to include assessment of illness and/or injury, management of illness/injury, preparation for transport, transfer of information and patient care.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Administer first-aid treatment and life-support care to sick or injured persons in pre-hospital setting.
2. Operate equipment such as EKGs, external defibrillators and bag-valve mask resuscitators in advanced life-support environments.
3. Perform or assist in the initial assessment and management of illness or injury to emergency patients in accordance with specified protocol and procedures.
4. Assist with assessment to determine nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures.
5. Maintain vehicles and medical and communication equipment and replenish first-aid equipment and supplies.
6. Observe, record and report to physician the patient's condition or injury, the treatment provided and reactions to drugs and treatment.
7. Coordinate work with other emergency medical team members and police and fire department personnel.
8. Communicate with dispatchers and treatment center personnel to provide information about situation, to make arrangements for reception of patients and to receive instructions for further treatment.
9. Prepare or assist in the preparation of patients for transport, ensuring compliance with emergency medical transport regulations, protocol and procedure.
10. Follow established departmental policies, procedures and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental and/or infection control standards.
11. Inspect emergency medical equipment to ensure serviceability and compliance with safety and infection control regulations and standards.
12. Complete and transfer patient care information and records as per established procedures.
13. Comfort and reassure patients.
14. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
15. Drive emergency vehicles in stressful situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
2. Knowledge of and skill in the application of basic on-site emergency medical protocol and procedures.
3. Knowledge of emergency medical transport procedures, facilities, and equipment.
4. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
5. Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
6. Ability to perform standardized emergency patient care activities within established protocol.
7. Ability to provide support to other EMT staff and/or students.
8. Knowledge of emergency medical equipment maintenance regulations and policy standards.
9. Ability to safely operate emergency vehicles.
1. Valid & current California Drivers License and clean DMV record.
2. Ability to pass pre-placement physical exam including 75 lb lifting requirement.
3. No criminal convictions.
Hall Ambulance Service - 2 years ago