At least 21 years of age. High School Diploma or equivalent supplemented by college level course work. Ability to successfuly obtain EMT Certification from Hall Ambulance EMT training program. Must be insurable by Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. driver’s insurance policy.
Under general supervision assess injuries, administer compassionate emergency medical care. Provide emergency care and transportation to the ill and injured, to include assessment of illness and/or injury, management of illness/injury, preparation for transport, transfer of information and patient care.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Administer first-aid treatment and life-support care to sick or injured persons in pre-hospital setting.
2. Operate equipment such as EKGs, external defibrillators and bag-valve mask resuscitators in advanced life-support environments.
3. Perform or assist in the initial assessment and management of illness or injury to emergency patients in accordance with specified protocol and procedures.
4. Assist with assessment to determine nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures.
5. Maintain vehicles and medical and communication equipment and replenish first-aid equipment and supplies.
6. Observe, record and report to physician the patient's condition or injury, the treatment provided and reactions to drugs and treatment.
7. Coordinate work with other emergency medical team members and police and fire department personnel.
8. Communicate with dispatchers and treatment center personnel to provide information about situation, to make arrangements for reception of patients and to receive instructions for further treatment.