Abbott is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs approximately 91,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries.
This position will be located in Tipp City, OH.
Provide support and guidance for the Energy Center Operation with necessary Plant Engineering support for all related equipment and facilities. This position directs daily plant utility operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, assign and direct daily operational and preventative functions for the Central Utilities Building (CUB), including helping to coordinate outages and shutdowns. Help coordinate utility work with Plant Engineering, Division Engineering and contractors. Monitor utility performance and provide direction on shift to maximize utility utilization and improve costs.
- Order supplies and maintain equipment to ensure the operation runs efficiently and effectively.
- Implement procedures to ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local environmental regulations. Communicate with utility companies and state industrial utility committees to stay informed of utility issues.
- Provide input to help develop and implement long range and obsolescence plans for utility and facility improvements.
- Work with Engineers, Maintenance, contractors and other departments to coordinate repairs and project work. Assist Operations and Engineering in meeting production schedule commitments, minimize unplanned downtime, ensure goals are met and support efforts to develop new processes.
- Maintain a clean, safe work place which meets all GMP, QA, EPA, DEQ, OSHA and local regulations.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
A minimum of two years experience operating and maintaining Energy Center related equipment such as boilers, Reverse Osmosis, Compressed Air, HVAC, Chillers, etc. Experience troubleshooting and resolving technical issues; familiarity with continuous improvement. Mechanical, electrical or instrument background is preferred.
Must have strong technical skills; prefer competence in Energy Center operations. Minimum of 2 years experience.
Note: position may be filled at a lower grade based upon experience.
Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, geometry, trigonometry fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills Ideal candidate will be proficient in Windows Outlook (email), Excel, Word and computerized control systems.
HS Diploma or equivalent required; Associate's Degree preferred.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products manufacturer....