General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a well experienced Engineer to support flight testing and aircraft performance within our Aerodynamics group.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop analysis tools, perform mathematical modeling, and provide aerodynamic design support for new products.
- Support various tests including wind tunnel tests and flight tests, including reducing and analyzing the data after the test.
- Responsibilities will include aircraft performance analysis, mathematical modeling, simulation development, flight data analysis, Aerodynamic analysis and documentation.
- Position requires strong analytical and communication skills and the ability to work with different design and test groups.
- Candidate will work with C++, FORTRAN, CFD, 6-DoF simulation, and/or flight controls.
- Expert user of Matlab and MS office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is desirable, as well as familiarity with MS Project and have excellent technical writing skills.
- Prior experience with aircraft flight testing and knowledge of flight dynamics, flight data analysis and interpretation, and development of data analysis tools is very useful.
General Atomics and Affiliated Companies
- 2 years ago - save job
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of privately-held General Atomics, is a leading manufacturer of Unmanned...