The PB Transit and Rail Systems Group is seeking a Rail Systems Engineer to join the Engineering Management Team of the California High-Speed Train Project. The position reports to the Manager of Systems Engineering and will work with the Train Control, Rolling Stock and Systems Integration Leads to develop criteria, specifications and integrate them with other technical requirements for the project. The successful candidate will be involved in developing and apportioning system-wide operational and technical requirements and the identification and management of interfaces between train control, rolling stock and other elements of rail systems. As such, the candidate will have the ability to pro-actively lead tasks between technical groups and be innovative in solving complex challenges. Project responsibility and duties will include:
1) Train Control specifications development – particularly with respect to on-board systems for rolling stock interface.
2) Positive Train Control/Automatic Train Control (PTC/ATC) system development.
3) Technical reviews of designs, program plans, specifications, construction submittals, etc.
4) FRA type approval strategy assistance – including demonstration of compliance to federal, state and other critical requirements.
5) Perform integration and interface coordination meetings.
6) Approximately 50%/50% support split between train control and systems integration support functions with the ability to be involved in other elements of rail systems technical development.
1) Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant Systems Integration, Train Control, and/or Rolling Stock experience.
2) Hands on experience and background in train control and rolling stock design, Specific listing of project experience. Additional experience in infrastructure or other systems will be an advantage.
3) Familiarity with Mass Transit/Railroad operating concepts.
4) Expertise in several phases of the systems development life cycle, including analysis, design, implementation, commissioning, factory, field and acceptance testing.
5) Understanding of FRA regulations and AREMA standards and practices.
6) Proficiency in IT applications, MS Word, Excel, Visio required and IBM Rational DOORS a plus.
1) A Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
2) PE License – CA preferred.
3) Ability to work in this country immediately is required.
1) Ability to complete work on time to high quality with minor supervision.
2) Ability to work in team environment.
3) Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with clients, supervisors, team members and suppliers.
4) Good analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to use structured methods to identify root causes, create resolution options, evaluate impacts and implement the selected solution.
5) Ability to work with minor supervision and to conduct oneself in all project and company matters according to approved policies and procedures in a professional manner.
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...