Parsons Brinckerhoff has an immediate opening in our Houston, Texas office for an Engineer II - Water. The successful candidate will perform technical tasks under general supervision of senior level engineers on a diverse project workload, including storm water analysis, highway drainage, flood hazard assessment and stream hydraulic evaluation. This position requires strong technical and communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary project teams.
Qualified candidates will possess a BS (MS preferred) and E.I.T. in Civil/Water Resource/Environmental Engineering plus 3 to 5 years experience in the following technical areas: surface water hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and analysis; watershed analysis; water resources assessment; fluvial geomorphology and stream restoration; drainage design; and design of stormwater best management practice (BMP) controls. Parsons Brinckerhoff encourages participation in professional organizations and continuing education to grow technically
The Candidate’s experience and working knowledge of the following will be key factors:
Must have authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- H & H modeling and analysis using SWMM, HEC-HMS and HEC-RAS or equivalent;
- Drainage design, storm water management , and runoff mitigation analysis;
- Civil engineering design using CADD (MicroStation or Autocad);
- GIS analysis;
- Familiarity with TXDOT design standards and HCFCD regulations is desirable
- Other relevant water resources modeling techniques and software programs such as GeoPAK, StormCAD, 2D modeling, ArcHydro, TR-20 or similar
Parsons Brinckerhoff - 9 months ago
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...