Abbott is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs approximately 91,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries.
The incumbent will provide support to the Manufacturing organization (AVI) in facilitate efficient operations within the production area, to optimize existing processes and to ensure that production goals are met.
Some of the responsibilities are:
* Initiate and complete technical activities to new or improved products or process, for current programs, next generation programs, and to meet strategic goals and objectives of the company.
* Analyzes and solves problems from basic engineering principles, theories, and concepts through to a wide range of complex and advanced problems which require novel and new innovative approaches or a major breakthrough in technology.
* Incorporates business policies and procedures into task completion. Understands the business needs of the company and has knowledge of the customer needs of our business. Understands the business cycle and foresight of emerging technologies trends.
* Cultivates internal and external network of resources to complete tasks. Serves as a resource in the training of new engineers and employees.
* Interacts cross functionally and with internal and external customers. Serves as a consultant for engineering or scientific interpretations and advice on significant matters. Acts as spokesperson to customers on business unit current and future capabilities.
* Interfaces with Quality and Research and Development organizations to integrate new products or processes into the existing manufacturing area.
* Monitors performance of equipment, machines, and tools and corrects equipment problems or process parameters that produce nonconforming products, low yields or product quality issues.
* May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum of two (2) years of related work experience as Manufacturing Engineer with a good understanding of specified functional area. Strong documentation experience mainly regarding technical quality investigations associated with unplanned manufacturing deviations (quality non-conformances, CAPA docs, internal investigations, etc).
General Knowledge: Knowledge of Quality regulations and standards affecting chemical, biological or medical devices (i.e. Quality Systems, FDA regulations, and EN46000), knowledge of corporate, local, state, and OSHA regulation.
Mental & Physical Abilities: Capability of handling multiple priorities. Ability to focus on specific problems on a multidisciplinary environment. Ability to concentrate, cope with stress. Use independent judgment to accomplish results. Adapt to stay alert in business environment. Ability to deal with people.
Problem Solving: Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Has a broad knowledge of technical alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the systems environment.
Good communication skills verbal and written in English, Spanish, and regulatory language.
Good interpersonal skills.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive houres in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2houres at a time in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
- 2 years ago - save job