General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a mid level Engineer in our Flight Technologies Group.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in all stages of the Fluid-dynamic, Thermodynamic and Heat Transfer design and optimization process within Flight Technologies Department.
- Generation of computational meshes and performing CFD analyses using standard commercial and/or governmental mesh generators and CFD codes. The latter includes monitoring convergence of both steady state and transient simulations.
- Generate reports, specifications, memos, and sketches of the obtained CFD results and present them verbally in meetings and phone conferences to all level employees and customers.
- Development of CFD tools for process compression to enable CFD to be used in the design stages by non-CFD experts. This includes writing journal files and scripts for batch processing of geometry creation, meshing, analyses and post-processing. Implement physics models into the CFD tools to expand their capabilities.
- Compare CFD results to wind tunnel and flight test data, in order to validate and calibrate the analyses performed.
- Assist employees in and outside Flight Technologies with usage of generated results.
- 2 years ago - save job