DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
This position reports to the Director of Project Systems Engineering and is responsible for providing technical leadership in the requirements development, design, implementation, integration, and testing for multifaceted Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) program(s). Act as the technical expert to ensure successful systems integration for all facets of UAS systems. Participate in the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract(s). May be responsible for decisions that have serious impact on overall success of the engineering unit, group and/or corporation where erroneous decisions could cause substantial expenditure of time, resources, and funds.
1. Direct all phases of engineering project(s) including planning and managing technical performance to ensure quality, business, and financial objectives are attained.
2. Develop and implement current, annual and long-term technical, schedule, quality, business, and financial objectives for the engineering unit(s) and may also participate in the development of Group/Company objectives.
3. Establish design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, testing, and integration.
4. Interact with senior management concerning matters of significance to the company. Act as primary contact for engineering activities.
5. Participate in the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract(s).
6. Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by directing and participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required management, professional, and technical talent.
7. Lead progress review sessions to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
8. Identify engineering issues and provide leadership in developing solutions such as re-allocation of resources or modifying contract specifications.
9. Participate in the development of new business opportunities and expansion of existing business opportunities. Participate with Group management in pursuing business partnerships, alliances, and joint ventures that enhance the capabilities of the Group/Company.
10. Oversee the development of and ensure the security of the unit’s proprietary technology, and maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
11. Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Typically requires a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in engineering or a related technical field as well as 6 or more years experience with a Bachelors degree, four or more years experience with a Masters degree, and two or more years with a PhD, as well as nine or more years of experience managing engineers and directing engineer projects. Must have : (1) extensive knowledge and understanding of multiple engineering disciplines and how they relate to systems integration for unmanned , surveillance and strike aircraft.; (2) demonstrate ability to drive technical excellence and execution; (3) ability to create innovative technology solutions to diverse, complex issues; (4) comprehensive project management skills to meet deadlines or milestones; (5) exceptional communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; and (6) strong customer service focus with experience working with government customers.
Experience with Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) a plus. EOE
General Atomics - ASI Unit - 12 months ago