General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems has an exciting opporunity for an Entry Level Ground Control Systems (GCS) Integration/Test Engineer to work with our GCS Engineering team.
Duties & Responsbilities:
- Responsible for leading teams to install/upgrade Ground Control Station (GCS) for GA-ASI UAV Systems and any relevant troubleshooting.
- Work with Senior and Lead Engineers to develop new designs or modifications of existing systems as required to meet project goals.
- Applicant needs to be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Under general supervision and with regular review, this position supports the GCS Project Engineering staff in the analysis, investigation and resolution of engineering problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Assignments are normally accompanied by general instructions and suggestions, outlining possible approaches, sources or information, and potential problems to be encountered.
- Work is reviewed regularly for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Tasks involve the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance.
- Documents findings and implemented solutions and communicates results to engineering staff.
- Contacts are primarily internal with infrequent inter-organization or customer contact on routine matters.
- May provide direction to design or technician staff.
- Applies technical knowledge to analyze, investigate and resolve assigned engineering problems.
- Performs functional testing and troubleshooting of equipment and systems in assigned area by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles.
- Obtains and analyzes test data. And develops/modifies test procedures used in production and field environments.
- Develops appropriate documentation of findings and implemented solutions. Will be required to make brief technical presentations.
- May provide direction to design and/or technical staff.
- Must be flexible to travel on short notice, possibly for extended periods of time, to Flight Test Facilities and Customer Sites.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
GCS installation and troubleshooting experience.
GA-ASI Deployment Technician experience.
Current Secret Clearance.
Field Engineer experience.
- Testing development experience (to include documentation, implementation and training).
General Atomics - 20 months ago
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of privately-held General Atomics, is a leading manufacturer of Unmanned...