Maintain a safe and sanitary environment in the Sanford Health for patients, visitors and associates by following infection control, safety and procedural guidelines. |
Environmental Services Shift Manager/As Assigned
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Ability to use computer and prior cleaning experience is helpful.
Job Specific Competencies
- Performs general cleaning and disinfecting in all assigned areas of Sanford Health.
- Collects daily solid waste in all assigned areas of Sanford Health, including medical waste and recycled.
- Participates in ongoing training and education.
- Follows specific job task assignments for the area of assignment in Environmental Services.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Professionalism/Integrity - Models high standards of principles, values and ethics through policy decisions, professional duties, and personal actions in the organization and the community.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
- This position is classified as a Category I position under OSHA guidelines with high risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements
Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Sanford strives to be a great place to work and a great place to receive care. All applicants accepting an offer of employment with Sanford must consent to a drug screen.
Sanford participates in the E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all person(s) hired to work in the United States.
- 20 months ago - save job