Job Title: ER Technician I - Emergency Department
Job ID: 32782
Business Unit: NSGSV
Full/Part Time: Full-Time (40 hours)
High School or equivalent. No experience required.
Completion of one of the following technical programs:
Completion of EMT program - or - Is enrolled in a recognized School of Nursing and has completed the first semester of education which contains clinical concepts and health assessments.
To provide basic technical assistance and supportive patient care to meet the needs of individual patients throughout assigned areas in the Emergency Department.
The shift for this position is nights.
The salary range for this position is from $27,360.00 to $41,040.00 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is a Band Code PC 12.
Specific Job Related Duties
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Collects, reports and documents data. Takes vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, pulse oximetry, and collects specimens.
- Performs and reports Point of Care Testing.
- Assists with patient activities and care as assigned by the charge nurse/designee as indicated by the patient¿s plan of care.
- Provides for patients¿ personal hygiene: Bathes patients, performs oral suctioning and superficial wound care, assists with elimination, cares for the incontinent patient and the patient with a urinary catheter, and provides ostomy care.
- Assists with patient feeding.
- Ambulates, positions, and turns patients and cares for the patient with altered mobility.
- Assists with the admission, transfer, and discharge of the patient.
- Assists the healthcare team by preparing patients and chaperoning during examinations/procedures or assists with other patient treatments.
- Provides for patient safety related to age and condition. Assists with patient restraints and maintains precautions. Collects, reports, and documents data related to patient needs/emergencies and unusual patient and family behavior.
- Cares for the patient from a correctional environment.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times.
- Provides and maintains a clean, safe environment, free of obstacles, and conducive to a professional environment.
- Performs and/or assist others in proper aseptic technique, isolation procedures, and infection control measures.
- Communicates clearly and professionally to Nurse Clinicians, Charge Nurses, and all multidisciplinary team members.
- Notifies Charge Nurse and on-coming staff when equipment is missing or broken.
- Follows-up with Charge Nurse and Equipment Manager.
- Maintains patient care areas with appropriate supplies.
- Assists with patient requests for other hospital services.
- Sets up Labor & Delivery tables for ER Deliveries.
- Sets up and provides assistance with minor operating procedures.
- Sets up and provides assistance with area specific diagnostic procedures.
- Participates in and supports quality improvement activities.
- Demonstrates acceptable productivity and practices cost containment.
- Has obtained and provided documentation of completion of the following by the end of the first year of employment:
- ACLS certification
- 12 lead EKG
- UTMB Dysrhythmia Recognition Class and test with passing score
- UTMB HAZMAT Class
- UTMB Emergency Dispatch Class and test with passing score
- Cross-training across patient care clusters
- Splint placement/ cast care
- Helicopter Safety course
- Completion of ER Technician I CBOTool
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The University of Texas Medical Branch
- 2 years ago - save job