GS5, LLC, a Northern Virginia based Limited Liability Company, provides a range of analytical, acquisition, and business management support services and products to Intelligence and Command and Control communities within the Department of Defense. Privately owned by the principle founders, the company leverages its domain expertise in intelligence analysis, program and business management methods and management tool development. GS5 provides a range of analytical, program and business management support services for the Joint Battle Command and Control and intelligence communities.
In 2008, GS5 was named Prime Contractor of the Year by the Small Business Administration, was also voted one of Virginia’s Top 100 Diversity Owned Small Businesses. In 2009 and 2010, GS5 was named to the Inc 500 list, as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies and received honorable mention distinction on the Washingtonian Magazine’s Great Places to Work list.
GS5 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minimum Experience :
- Bachelor’s degree in the computer science, electrical engineering, math, or similar field; if no degree, equal amount of experience required.
- Minimum of five years system engineering or level 3 system administration experience.
- Must be DoD 8570.01-m IAT II certified within 90 days of hire (e.g. CompTIA Security+ce and a Computing Environment certification).
- Must be adept at System Architecture Design.
- Software development experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Unix server administration, network attached storage devices, and database servers.
- Working understanding of standard Software Development Life Cycle Management processes to include waterfall, spiral, and agile.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word)
- Must posses strong working knowledge in at least 5 of the following bullets:
- • BASH, KSH, and/or CSH scripting
• Perl and/or Python scripting
• Unix scripting
• Windows Batch and/or PowerShell scripting
• SQL (MS SQL & PL/SQL) scripting
• Text manipulation using sed or awk
• Regular Expressions (regex)
• MS Access
Demonstrated experience in the following are strongly desired, specifically performance optimization and troubleshooting:
• Solaris Un
• Red Hat Enterprise Lin
• Microsoft Windows (2003 Server, 2008 Server, Vista, and Win
• Oracle and MS SQL databas
• Experience and/or Training in the following disciplines strongly desire
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITI
• Software Development Life Cycle (SDL
• Website Usabili
Must possess and maintain a security clearance level of TS/S
• Watchlist management shall include operational support of the watchlist data to include ingestion of bulk watchlist nominations/updates; analysis, reformatting, and ingestion of non-standard nominations/updates; data analysis support to watchlist analysts; and dissemination of standard and customized watchlists to external consumer
Provide NGIC PME-BX operational support for Watchlist management and data analysis suppor
• In addition to watchlist management, the qualified applicant shall provide analysis of biometrics or biometrics-related data to support requests for information (RFI
Essential Duties of the Job
Support to RFIs shall include, but not be limited to, record consolidation, data analysis, quality control, and data record reconciliatio
Assist the NGIC PME-BX with data analysis in support of watch list, preparation of analysis, intelligence production tracking, RFI management, and status report
Perform queries against sensor source reporting, produce Watchlist reports, collect and analyze metrics, and modify biometric encounter data record
Need to understand current system architectures and be able to design a new system that can effectively integrate with the existing infrastructur
Must be familiar with the Dept. of Defense Architecture Frameworks(DoDAF) architecture and desig
Facilitate and participate in user sessions to define requirements and shape design of custom Microsoft SharePoint site
Design and develop custom SharePoint sites, supporting performance, archiving, and search requirement
Standardize multiple SharePoint sites so that each site has a common look and fee
Respond to ad hoc user requests for site modification
Configure and install applications within Virtual environment
Configure Java Systems and perform JBOSS tunin
Test and evaluate server and client applications for performance, scalability, availability, and architecture complianc
Apply working knowledge of server and client application deployment tasks to facilitate project milestones and support test activitie
Support schedule development, estimating the time required to analyze, develop, test, and deploy applications and system
Document system defect reports against requirement
Identify and manage software and system related risk
Travel may be require
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Ability to communicate task requirement information to client in a clear and concise manne
Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, as well as lead and participate in meetings and working group
Requires visual acuity to use a keyboar
Must be able to attend work each day, during scheduled hours, unless on travel or approved time of
Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-fac
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hea
Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pound
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focu
May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipmen
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (i.e. general office environment
401 (K) w/ up to 4% Company Mat
Health, Dental & Vision Insuran
Basic & Supplemental Life Insuran
Short & Long Term Disability Insuran
Flexible Spending Accou
10 Federal Paid Holida
Vacation & Sick Lea
GS5 - 22 months ago