A cover letter and copy of official/unofficial transcripts are required in order to be considered for this position. These documents can be uploaded when you create your applicant profile.
Core responsibilities of this position include: The Teaching and Learning Center’s faculty member is responsible for the planning, presentation, and evaluation of English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classroom instruction and related activities. This position may also instruct Adult Basic Education (ABE). The faculty member is responsible for performing assigned duties during the evening on any Albany County Campus, LCCC campus or outreach center as assigned. At a minimum, the related activities include instruction and participating in local, state, regional, and national professional activities and organizations.
Deliver instruction in individualized, computer-assisted and group situations. Use pre- and post-assessment data to assist students in developing their own learning plans and set realistic goals. Instruct students who are working on various subjects at multiple skill levels. Integrate technology into instruction. Maintain accurate records of student’s attendance and progress and supply necessary information for the TLC student database. Phone contacts for attendance, retention, and follow-up reporting.
ESOL Mondays and Wednesdays 5:30pm-8:30pm
Starting Date: August 2013
Compensation: Commensurate with education.
- Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge of their field or discipline.
- Evaluate student performance fairly and consistently and return student work promptly to promote maximum learning.
- Participate in TLC meetings and program activities.
- Instruct students in individualized, computer-assisted and group situations.
- Prescribe lessons based on student assessment.
- Prepare and maintain classroom.
- Maintain complete and accurate records.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to teaching subject.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, genetic information, political affiliation or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.