Openings as of 10/1|
Secretarial/Clerical - Classified
ESS Secretary – Child Find
Email To A Friend
Secretarial/Clerical - Classified/Secretary
ESS Secretary – Child Find
Posted October 15, 2013
Deadline for application
: October 21, 2013
: 260 days
$12.68 per hour, plus benefits
Nature and Scope of Job
Provide support to Child Find Team and the Early Childhood Team. Schedule and communicate with families Child Find appointments and the process. Maintain records and distribute to relevant service providers. Serve as receptionist to Child Find as needed.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training
Ability to perform routine secretarial tasks. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and community. Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint as well as other job-appropriate software application. Flexibility and excellent public relations skills are of utmost importance, especially with students, parents and the community. Proficient in the operation of office equipment. Proficient in business English, spelling, accounting and office procedures. Ability to perform work with high degree of accuracy. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to perform all functions of the position. Sensitive to parents needs and concerns.
- High school diploma or GED and completion of one year of college or business school with classes involving computer training preferred.
- Or any other combination of related education, experience, and training.
- Two years experience in responsible secretarial work utilizing computer systems preferred.
Essential Job Functions
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Answer phone calls and return phone calls for families who have questions around preschool services.
- Fax paperwork and/or releases to outside agencies as needed.
- Input children into Infinite Campus as they arrive for an evaluation (or as soon as birth certificate/race/ethnicity are obtained).
- Order materials for Child Find Department as needed.
- Prep evaluation files with paperwork necessary for evaluation: permission, Medicaid, Home Language survey, preschool app if needed, health questionnaire if needed, invite for staffing parent rights and receipt of these safeguards.
- Mail out reminder letters for evaluations and screenings.
- Mail out reminders and IEP notice of meeting to send parents.
- Place reminder calls for evaluations/staffings and screenings.
- Make copies of IEPs and mail to: parents, Head Start, DHS as needed.
- Send follow up documentation to parents.
- Schedule screening appointments.
- Assist in dissemination of information about Child Find to community agencies.
- Keep assessment protocols available.
- Begin working in Enrich to support Child Find team.
- Clean toys on a regular basis.
- Maintain accurate database tracking B (age 3+), C (birth to 3), C to B
- Assist in Extended School Year (ESY)
- Duties may vary significantly depending upon department served.
- May prepare public relations materials such as brochures and flyers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Weld County School District - 12 months ago