The ETL developer will be responsible for integrating complex data from a variety of sources (Databases, Flat Files, HTML files, Cobol Copy book etc) using Informatica and PL/SQL. The incumbent will manage,develop, and implement new data extracts, transformations, and load routines using PL/SQL, Informatica, Unix shell scripts and/or other ETL tools, as appropriate and defined by the project.
The developer will work with external and internal customers to identify requirements for ETL processes for various data structures including data marts, data warehouses, flat files, and OLTP sources. Provide guidance regarding ways to integrate load status reports into current Business Intelligence Dashboard solutions. The ETL developer will provide training to customers on data integration, and report and dashboard development.
This is a visible position that requires interaction with external customers (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) including conducting presentations and writing reports. The ETL developer will be required to understand complex business challenges and translate them into process/technical solutions, as well as present solutions to the customer in clear and concise language
Additionally the developer will help design, code, test, debug, and document complex projects focused on building Data Warehouse solutions. Assist system evaluations, design discussions, development, and implementation. Designs and builds efficient SQL queries, analyzes query time comparisons, and makes efficient use indexes to improve query times. Assists in establishing coding standards for storage procedures, triggers, logical and physical schema design, naming convention and data access techniques. Conducts performance tuning of ETL processes and prepares related technical documentation. Provides production support for the Data Warehouse environment including: requirements gathering, troubleshooting, new user setup, security, training, and performance monitoring.
Work with application developers to support test and production reporting environments including daily administration, batch processing, configuration management, environment migration, and tool automation. Specifically,this position will work with the business owner, DBAs, and Siebel Analytics developers to deliver ETL and Report solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and experience with core expertise in data analysis, query design, ETL design and Java development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of Informatica ETL tool, experience with PL/SQL and other SQL scripting languages.
- Strong understanding of Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS) and Medicaid Statistical Information Systems (MSIS) data formats.
- Strong analytical, multi-tasking and problem solving skills. Demonstrated experience in working with data mining tools like SAS.
- Required knowledge and experience of Oracle database and programming languages.
UC San Diego is an Equal Opportunity / Staff Affirmative Action Employer that values a diverse workforce and provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities.
- Background check required.
- Duties may require direct contact and/or supervision of children (defined as individuals under the age of 18); completion of the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA) form will be required.
UC San Diego Health System - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
UC San Diego Health System is San Diego’s only academic health system and is composed of UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest, and...