EVALUATION SPECIALIST / MANAGER – |
GCC MONITORING AND EVALUATION PROJECT, ARLINGTON, VA
Tetra Tech ARD, headquartered in Burlington, Vermont is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Evaluation Specialist candidates for the Global Climate Change (GCC) Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Project.
The project supports USAID’s efforts in assisting countries to accelerate their transition to climate-resilient, low-emissions development. Rigorous evaluation will be essential as the Agency tests innovative pilots and applies lessons learned from development in other sectors to emerging climate change challenges. The Evaluation Specialist will be an integral part of, and provide technical leadership to, the core project team on matters related to climate change adaptation and mitigation. This is a full time position and will be based in Arlington, Virginia. Periodic international travel required.
* Oversee field evaluations of GCC projects worldwide;
* Lead selected evaluations, supervise short term consultants, and draft and/or reviewing field evaluation reports;
* Coordinate the overlap between performance monitoring frameworks and evaluation designs and activities;
* Provide technical expertise to USAID missions and projects;
* Review baseline data such as gender-disaggregated people-level indicators, and integrate data into evaluation plans and designs.
* Advanced degree in economics, political science, or other social sciences; international development; or environmental studies, natural resource management, agriculture, or other related fields
* At least 10 years’ experience of progressively responsible work experience;
* Substantial understanding of designing, implementing, leading, or back-stopping evaluations of international development projects;
* Demonstrated familiarity with climate change mitigation and/or adaptation interventions and issues in a sustainable development context;
* Experience working on USAID-Funded Programs;
* Experience working in the field collecting data or monitoring data collection;
* Demonstrated competence to manage a variety of activities effectively and to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality;
* Demonstrated background in quantitative methods preferred;
* Fluency in a foreign language preferred.
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List
* Writing Sample
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
No phone calls will be accepted.
ARD, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Tetra Tech puts technical know-how to work. The environmental management, consulting, and technical services group focuses on resource...