In support of our Marine Corps client's mission to operate and defend the Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), the candidate will use their experience with Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM) to install, operate and maintain management servers, agents, underlying databases and reporting servers supporting the Enterprise Services, Enterprise Directory Management (EDM) team.
The candidate shall manage and maintain the Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM) presence in each installation. The candidate shall install Management Servers, Agents, reporting servers, and data warehouses where necessary and configure rules and alerts consistent with the support structure.
The candidate shall use their experience with Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) and SCOM, ISA/TMG Server, Active Directory, firewalls and other network management tools at the Tier III level to provide Event Management Support. The candidate shall use their expertise with Windows Server, Exchange, networking, PKI and SSL in support of these event management tools. The environment is VMware based and requires the candidate’s knowledge of VMware to provide Event Management services.
The candidate shall perform the following Active Directory tasks:
- Experience with managing global SCOM/SCCM infrastructure with primary and secondary sites
- Administer and troubleshoot SCCM roles including management points, distribution points, software update points, reporting points and desired configuration management
- Knowledge of SQL and the SCCM database
- Create and administer SCCM reports
- Software packaging. Provide support for package engineers
- Administer software distribution and troubleshooting
- Administer software advertisements for mass deployments
- Troubleshoot the SCCM client and provide 3rd level support for issues related to SCCM client functionality including Windows, WMI and SCCM client issues
- Administer and support operating system deployment including Windows deployment services and PXE boot
- Support and administer patch management for clients and servers
- Administer SCCM Collection security
- Administer asset intelligence including expanding hardware and software inventory
- Create and publish monitoring management packs based on client and corporate requirements.
- Monitor the health of the Event Management Infrastructure with provided event management tools.
- Experience in SCOM agent maintenance (install/reinstall/troubleshooting) and Management pack overrides.
- In depth knowledge of using OpsMgr Authoring Console to develop Management packs.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, information systems, computer science or related field of study. Additional years of experience and technical certifications may be used to meet a degree requirement.
DOD 8570 IAMII compliance including Security+. Equivalent certifications may suffice.
Active DOD Secret Clearance.
Five years of experience providing IT services.
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
Experience updating and patching IT hardware.
Microsoft System Center Operations Manager Server 2007
Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Server 2007
Smartronix, Inc - 19 months ago