Perform event-related set-up tasks including pulling any necessary items, loading/unloading, and delivery/pick-up and assist in set-up as needed.
Perform event-related tear down tasks including strike and on-site disassembly of props, florals, linen and decor, loading/unloading, return delivery/pick up, and restocking.
Ensure that event facility/venue is left in a clean and orderly condition.
Confirm that all tools and equipment are returned and properly stored after installation/strike.
Adhere to property dock/loading and security procedures and policies.
Operate company trucks, vans and lifts, adhering to safety procedures.
Adhere to safety procedures and recommend programs to improve site safety.
Properly pack and handle inventory to protect against damage and deterioration.
Lead crews for installation and tear downs on selected events.
Warehousing tasks including stocking and relocation of assets, monitoring inventory levels.
Tag assets based on condition and assist in repairing as needed.
Ensure that facility, grounds, and equipment are clean and maintained.
Unpack and check goods received against orders, invoices or load lists as needed.
Perform pickup and delivery of items to and from vendors and/or properties.
Maintain tools as issued by MRE and report any lost, stolen, or damaged tools.
Log travel and vehicle maintenance info. Make supervisor aware of gas and repair needs.
Complete all required paperwork, monitor for accuracy and consistency.
Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 1 year experience in events, warehouse, furniture and/or general laborer.
- Able to work efficiently in a high volume production environment.
- Ability to drive passenger and cargo vans.
- Able to lift items, push and pull carts.
- Have and/or be able to obtain a valid Nevada driver’s license to operate company vehicles.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 1 year experience as lead supervisory and/or equivalent work experience.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Basic knowledge of event installation, rigging, and mechanical procedures.
- Able to drive 24’ box trucks, stake bed truck, and operate forklift, scissors lift, and cherry pickers.
- Scissors lift and fork lift certification.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 16 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...