1. Under the supervision of the Environmental Services Supervisor, cleans and maintains assigned areas in a sanitary, orderly, and attractive condition. Ensures that these activities are performed and in accordance with local codes and legislation, JCAHO guidelines and requirements, and facility policies and procedures.
2. Sets up carts with all supplies and equipment according to specifications.
3. Wears protective clothing in Surgery, Isolation, or other areas as necessary.
4. Observes all safety standards and uses safety work techniques at all times.
5.Prepares detergents and germicidal solutions according to formula.
6. Responds to Bedtracking system and pagers as instructed.
7. Ensures carts are kept clean according to specifications.
8. Inspects equipment before and after use to ensure equipment is in safe working order.
9. Ensures order of supply room and removal of boxes and debris.
10. Observes all safety standards and uses safety work techniques at all times.
11. Attends all training sessions and meetings as scheduled.
12. Assist in instructing and training new employees in cleaning duties.
13. Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient as number one.
14. Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
15. Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
16. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of care.
17. Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
18. Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
19. Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, and satellite staff) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
20. Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
21. Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
22. To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
23. Other duties as assigned.
Education required and/or preferred:
: High School graduate or equivalent.
HCA Inc - 19 months ago