Denton Regional Medical Center is a 208 bed, full service hospital that serves the growing population of Denton, Wise, Cooke and Montague Counties. Offering a full-spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced open-heart surgery and trauma programs, Denton Regional's more than 850 employees and 300 physicians are constantly striving to offer the highest quality service to the North Texas area. At Denton Regional Medical Center we feel that customer service is an important part of every person's job and strive to enhance community health through our service with compassion, excellence and efficiency.
Our team of
professionals is committed to excellence in cleaning and outstanding customer service. The EVS department is critically engaged in hospital operations, as we meet the cleaning needs for employees, physicians, and patients, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The goal of the EVS department is to meet the cleaning and infection control needs of each customer, from our common areas, to patient rooms and sterile areas. We have a committed team whose #1 priority is the customer experience….a clean and healing environment!
The Environmental Services Technician performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas. These include:
- Follows specific procedure to perform terminal cleaning of patient rooms and prepares rooms for new patients.
- Uses industrial cleaning agents and equipment following appropriate safety procedures.
- Operates mechanical floor cleaners, polishers and vacuums.
- Moves furniture and other objects as needed in order to ensure adequate cleaning.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Job qualifications include:
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English required
- 6 months housekeeping experience in a healthcare or hotel setting preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
HCA Inc - 10 months ago