The EX/JICS Applications Manager reports to the Director of Information Technology. This person will apply technical expertise and provide support and maintenance for a suite of Software used by Cambridge College in the course of business including, Jenzabar EX, JICS, Microsoft Dynamics, Raisers Edge, MSSQL Database, InfoMaker, Drupal, eHelpdesk, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office 365 and other services. Work will include, but is not limited to Jenzabar EX debugging and upgrade management, JICS Portal Programming, Astra Scheduling program maintenance, database management, systems management, InfoMaker reporting, development and implementation of data integrity procedures. This position requires strong teamwork with Information Technology staff, Student Services staff and end-users. This role will analyze, design, write, test, document and install upgrades to Jenzabar EX, JICS, and report-writing applications utilizing a full range of programming languages and application tools. The position requires a broad understanding of administrative computing systems and technology trends and in-depth experience delivering and supporting enterprise database management systems, information reporting systems and web-enabled services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Collaborates with Jenzabar EX & JICS Portal (MyCC) support staff.
- Manages the ongoing support and maintenance of the web based helpdesk application.
- Work with others in the Information Technology department to integrate new functionality into Web applications supported by the College.
- Work with the Student Data Record Team to ensure data integrity and adherence to data standards and security procedures.
- Provide training and documentation for Jenzabar EX, JICS Portal (MyCC) and Outlook/Exchange.
- Develop and maintain database management systems (DBMS) with MSSQL versions 2005/2008 and above as required.
- Ensure the integrity and security of systems that connect to the campus network.
- Manage the version control for Jenzabar EX, JICS and other applications.
- Assist with the management, maintenance and support of all college systems including but not limited to Jenzabar EX, Jenzabar Internet Campus Solution (JICS), PowerFAIDS, Raiser Edge, Solomon and other 3rd party applications.
- Provide assistance to the IT helpdesk in support of end-users on database, Jenzabar EX, MyCC, Outlook/Exchange email, and Drupal web service issues.
- Interpret the design and operation of administrative software for users and troubleshoot problems for users as required. Consult with users to determine requirements and design of new or revised software.
- Research technology and lead the development and implementation of plans to enhance administrative technology for the College.
- Assist with the development and support of SQL queries, stored procedures and data integration activities to promote efficient use of data.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: - Provide back-up to other members of IT staff when the staff member is not in the office.
- Updates and maintains the College public website
- Perform other essential duties and tasks specific to the position as required.
- Treat fellow employees, students and the institution’s guests with civility and to refrain from actions that disrupt the efficient functioning of the college.
- Have the ability to follow directions and complete tasks accurately.
- Have the ability to manage stress and work under pressure while multitasking under deadlines.
- Have the ability to supervise and be supervised, giving and accepting constructive criticism.
- Working knowledge with VMware, Microsoft operating systems 2003, 2008 and 2012.
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently and independently as well as in a team dynamic.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, duties, responsibilities and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with IT staff and end users at all levels of technical ability.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills are required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to be mobile. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. This job requires the employee to spend lengthy periods of time performing computer assisted work. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to moderate.
EXPERIENCE: - Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years work experience with institutions of higher education.
- Five years of directly related experience in database management systems (DBMS) or a combination of appropriate education and experience
- Working knowledge of Jenzabar EX and JICS portal preferred; strong working knowledge of relational databases and .Net programming for JICS portlet design.
- Solid knowledge and working experience with MSSQL Server 2000/2005/2008, MS Server and Windows networking, wireless networking, and knowledge of IP/TCP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP protocols.
Cambridge College - 9 months ago