It is the primary responsibility of the Executive Assistant to assist the Vice President of Human Resources and Vice President of Events and PR perform a variety of administrative tasks for the VP of Human Resources, HR Director, and the Senior Business Partners within the department. In addition to administrative tasks, the Executive Assistant in HR will have various projects assigned to the position. The Executive Assistant also demonstrates initiative and excellent judgment in the performance of assigned duties. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and policies, practices and procedures.
- Manage and maintain executive's schedule.
- Answer departmental phones.
- Provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions and report to determine their significance and distribute accordingly.
- Perform all administrative duties for Volunteer Match.
- Book casino guest reservations, dinner and show reservations as needed.
- Manage the office for supplies, organization and cleanliness.
- Responsible for ordering, receiving and maintaining inventory of all departmental supplies, equipment.
- Support the CSR Committee with administrative functions for the monthly meetings.
- Assist in maintaining and updating personnel files for Human Resources employees.
- Responsible for answering telephones and taking messages when necessary.
- Supporting the concierge position at either property when needed.
- Review operating practices and implement improvement where necessary.
- Secures all travel arrangements as needed by department Vice President of Human Resources and other directors and managers if needed.
- Write and edit company policies as needed.
- Manage the organizational charts for both properties.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive materials.
- Processes monthly status reports
- Works closely with all departments and represents the Human Resources department in a professional manner at all times.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of administrative/secretarial experience.
- Ability to stay current with trends in the Human Resources field.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy in documentation and data.
- Fosters an ethical work environment.
- Excellent listening and organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints and within established deadlines.
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Working knowledge in the following computer programs: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Workday.
- Proficient in mathematical skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- High School diploma and equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 5 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...