A Fresh Approach To Great Results.
Charlotte-based Compass Group North America is the leader in foodservice management and support services. By combining fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent, we continue to set the standards for food and service excellence. Our vision for success is a powerful one – to continue to rise above the competition in every aspect of our business – from leading-edge technology, to purchasing, to foodservice, to catering and vending, to facilities management and support services. That kind of commitment commands only the best, and it.s our great people providing great service that generates our great results . In turn, it’s important to us that our talented employees be given the proper resources to achieve their fullest potential. Play a key role in our future success:
Morrison Management Specialists, a member of the Compass Group, is the nation’s only food service company exclusively dedicated to providing food, nutrition and dining services to the healthcare and senior living communities through its two operating divisions: Morrison Healthcare Food Services and Morrison Senior Living. With over 1,200 registered dietitians, 200 executive chefs and 16,600 professional food service team members, Morrison is actively committed to fostering ways to enjoy great-tasting, healthy food through socially responsible practices and superior customer service. Morrison serves over 800 client locations in 41 states including some of the largest and most prominent integrated healthcare systems and senior living communities in the United States.
Morrison started over a half century ago with the idea of bringing our retail expertise to hospitals. Today, we are an industry leader with national reach. We are guided by values that we call The Morrison Way: trust, team, customer focus, learning, and profit. Since the beginning, our strategy hasn’t changed…we achieve our goals by helping our customers meet theirs!
Executive Chef in Manhattan, NY
As the Executive Chef you will lead the culinary services team in a 450-bed skilled nursing facility. Through your experience and expertise, you will implement and support all food related programs at the location including the food production of resident meals, guest/employee retail operations (where applicable) and catering functions. Your duties also include menu development, inventory, ordering/purchasing, food cost controls, training, sanitation, and personnel management. The Executive Chef’s day to day responsibilities ensures compliance with regulatory standards and work toward improving systems and processes. The Executive Chef is also responsible for promoting the professional growth and development of their team. This position reports directly to the Director.
Perks : As a Morrison Management team member you will be eligible for comprehensive benefits, tuition reimbursement, a 401K Plan, and many other benefits.
Great People. Great Service. Great Results.
- Culinary Arts Degree or BS Degree – Food Service or Hospitality Management Program or seven (7) years of culinary experience preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Fine dining restaurant, hotel or country club culinary experience is highly desirable
- Experience with high-touch customer service environments
- Creativity and plate presentation skills a must
- CEC (Certified Executive Chef) desired
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience highly desirable
- Must be experienced with computers: to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) certification highly desirable
- ServSafe certification required
- Must be able to successfully complete criminal background checks (State and Federal) and drug screenings
- Must be willing to participate in patient/resident satisfaction programs/activities
At Compass Group North America, our superior balance of efficiency and quality attract the highest caliber level of service our clients deserve. We retain the finest workers with a highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits plan. If you’re looking for a career where you set the standard for personal advancement, then Compass Group North America is for you! Working together, we will continue to experience success as the industry’s best.
Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V
Morrison - 10 months ago