Westfield’s Strategy & Market Research (S&MR) group is responsible for the national management, reporting and analysis of center performance metrics (i.e. sales & traffic), and in-depth market and consumer research for the Westfield portfolio and potential acquisitions. S&MR determines the viability of all potential redevelopments and acquisitions by analyzing a center's market and demographics, competition, tenant mix, consumer research and sales and traffic performance. The group also forecasts sales and market shares for future redevelopments and provides guidance on the optimal GLA sizing and merchandising of new projects.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinate the following for monthly sales and traffic:
a. Validating receipt of all centralized national retail sales submissions and communicate missing sales
b. Post final approval of monthly sales, validate retail sales submissions were entered correctly into E1 and communicate any errors
c. Create sales communications based on national submissions to go to each center
d. Research, distribute and save in department shared drive monthly ICSC sales results
e. Assemble monthly sales and traffic packet for distribution in Monthly Ops meeting including maintaining attendee list
f. Prepare each center’s sales reports in adobe to be uploaded into Alchemy
g. Upload regional executive sales summaries and traffic reports to S&MR Sharepoint site and maintain recipient access
2. Assist in data collection, verification and simple excel modeling to capture data including but not limited to the following:
a. Center Fact Book for total company
b. Regional Fact Book for SVP
c. Monthly Sales Tracking for SVP
d. Competitive REIT database/overlay maps
e. Quarterly Anchor Store Updates
f. Quarterly Top 50 Parent Companies based on Sales/GLA
g. Center Tenants by level/area for ad hoc sales analyses
3. Assist in extracting, mapping and/or documenting market research including but not limited to the following:
a. Big Box opportunities (Costco, etc.)
b. Competitive center maps in Streets and Trips software
c. Internet research to pull market economics
4. Assist in conducting consumer research including but not limited to the following:
a. Pull syndicated research data and mine for key customer insights per specific needs to support Leasing and Development.
b. Draft consumer research questionnaires for internally conducted web surveys and program approved questionnaires and manage customer email lists to blast.
c. Aid in the development of key analyses driven from internally conducted web surveys- using web based surveying tool, Excel, and PowerPoint as needed.
d. Managing project logistics working with external research vendors to ensure maintenance of timelines, working with center marketing directors to gather needed information for vendors, proposals and contracts, etc.
5. Provide primary administrative support to Senior Vice President – including building and maintaining master files/libraries of departmental output online and in hard copy, filing, managing subscriptions, contact lists, inter-departmental organizational charts, managing meeting cadence, managing prep materials for travel, managing prep work for all meetings, managing dept’s master calendar, keeping office stocked with toner, copy paper, answering and handling all calls, partnering with other executive AAs to manage priorities, meetings, etc.
6. Provide key coordination and support for executive meetings that SVP drives including Executive Overview and Semi-annual Sr Mgmt Conferences
7. Manage all departmental needs including but not limited to the following:
b. Expense reimbursements
c. Time and Solutions
d. Office supply needs
e. Maintain all of department’s A/P including payment verification, verification of all incoming invoices with team and preparing check requests for SVP approval with all appropriate back-up
8. Act as department’s key point of contact, expert and gatekeeper for all Sharepoint site information
9. Assist in Knowledge Management Subscription inquiries and maintain centralized subscription information/process w/Sr Director (DHS)
10. Other duties as assigned
- Ability to create and manage systems that are user friendly for the department
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities of leader, team and external needs
- Possess strong partnering skills and work ethic
- Ability to navigate and accomplish projects involving internet research *A plus to have an individual that can do more than be an executive assistant – perform analytics/basic modeling, ability to write summation documents as required, maintain and query various databases; Occasional over-time
- Eight years+ experience as an executive assistant and/or professional analytical experience – supporting team of professionals (more than 5 people preferably)
- High Proficiency with computer, Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proactive, positive, can-do and team-oriented attitude
- Strong professional communication skills to interact with all internal and external professionals
- Strong written and grammatical skills and proof-reading ability
- Customer oriented across all communication points
- Extremely organized
- Attentiveness to detail: ability to follow through, think ahead and through responsibilities, double check work before proceeding
- Ability to work occasional overtime with limited notice
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Jan 15, 2013, 11:03:42 AM
Jan 21, 2013, 2:59:59 AM
Westfield Corporation - 20 months ago
Mallrats nationwide can get their fix thanks to Macerich. The self-administered real estate investment trust (REIT) acquires, develops, and...